ATR 72 | Air Madagascar
Old Micheline Train | Eastern Region
Fishermen leaving on a pirogue | Southern Region
Flying over the coral reef | Western Region
BEFORE YOU GO TO MADAGASCAR
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
A touristic visa is mandatory for all foreigners willing to enter to Madagascar. You can apply for 30-days to 3-months visa:
- At the International Airport: You apply for your visa after landing in Madagascar.
- Online: Please remind that no visa will be granted online. The Online procedure delivers a landing authorization only. Your application to this authorization must be sent 6 months to 72 hours before you travel. Visit http://www.evisamada.gov.mg/en/ for more information. Do not apply on any other website, they are fraudulent.
For both ways, you will pay for your VISA (35€ or 40$ for 30 days) after landing in Madagascar (Cash only, change is not given back). You must also provide your return ticket. Your passport must have 2 empty pages and a minimum validity of 6 months from the day you leave Madagascar.
The ariary (MGA) worth currently around 4 000 Ariary for 1 euro. Credit cards are accepted but only in few hotels. ATM are available only in the cities. For your travel expenses, we recommend you to bring foreign currencies in cash (Euros or dollars) and to change at the airport when landing. Your guide or driver can assist you with this. Do not change your money in the black market during your travel Madagascar!
- From Paris: Air Madagascar, Air France, Corsair
- From Addis Abeba: Ethiopian Airlines
- From Johannesburg: South African Airlink
- From Nairobi: Kenya Airways
- From Saint Denis (Reunion Island) : Air Austral/Air Madagascar
- From Mauritius: Air Madagascar/Air Mauritius
From Antananarivo to other cities: Tsaradia, the local airline. We can book these flights for you.
Private charters: We offer charter flights for domestic and regional flights.