A bumpy 4X4 tour along one of the wildest and most beautiful coastline in the world. Welcome to the Mozambique Channel, in South Western Madagascar! During this trip, we will follow the coastal track from Morondava to Tulear, parallel to the national road number 9. The end of the tour will be relaxing with a beach holiday in Ifaty.
The main highlights are:
- The thorny Forests: we will cross tropical dry forests where you can see Didieracea, Euphorbias and Baobabs,
- The ghost town of Morombe: This former lively town was isolated due to the lack of work on national road number 9.
- The remote Vezo fishermen village of Belo sur Mer: This village is famous for its men able to build the traditional dhow of Madagascar. This dhow came from middle east during the Silk route times. The expertise of the Vezo come from a French sailor who lived there at the beginning of the 19th century. Also because of the protected bay easing the boat launching. People are still ordering boats to these men from all over Madagascar today.
- Andavadoaka Bay: this immense bay allows boats doing the commute between Morondava and Tulear to anchor in a quiet place. The size of the bay is just so impressive!
- Salary Bay and Ifaty: Two beach villages where some of the Malagasy most beautiful beaches are. White sand beaches, emerald green sea, colorful coral reefs… The ideal place to rest after this long journey.
- The coral reef of Madagascar: Just in front of the paradise coastline you are driving on, is the only Madagascar coral reef. This tour is hence great for scuba divers. Here you can dive quietly, nothing compared to the boats carrying 100 divers in the same time to the Australian great barrier reef!
- Humpback whales observation: from mi-July to mid-September, you can watch after the migration of whales.
From Ifaty, we are only one hour drive away from Tulear, the biggest city of southern Madagascar. You can fly back to Antananarivo from there or keep on your adventure taking the road from Toliara to Fort Dauphin !
Ask for your tailor made tour in Madagascar!